Monday 16 July 2018

Poinsettia flower

The Stampin' Up! team I am in meets regularly once a month to share ideas and learn new techniques and we also do a card swap within our team. This month is Christmas in July, we are making Christmas cards for our swap. As I didn't really have any Christmas Stamp sets (can't wait for the next holiday catty to come out 😁) I thought maybe I could make a Poinsettia out of the Pop of Petals stamp set and punch! This is what I came up with. I think it turned out pretty good! What do you think?








What I did to achieve this is I stamped in the same colour as the cardstock and punched out 4 flowers in  the Lovely Lipstick cardstock and ink and stamped and cut out 2 in the Call me Clover cardstock and ink.  The top flower I left whole but the rest I cut into 4 separate petals then glued them individually to the back of the whole flower.  I did the same for the leaves.  I put some wink of stella on the petals and I am thinking of maybe putting a clear faceted gem in the centre as well.

The embossed strip across the card is the Seaside Textured Impressions embossing folder.  I just love the mini sequin trim! 

The following is the list of what I used, just click on the picture to see more detail and to take you to my on-line store.

Cardstock used:
Whisper White A4 Cardstock
Lovely Lipstick Cardstock
Call me Clover Cardstock

Stamp Sets used:
Pop of Petals Clear Mount Stamp set
Seasonal Chums Clear Mount Stamp set

Punch used:
Four-Petal Flower Punch

Embossing Folder used:
Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

Stamp Pads used:

Lovely Lipstick Stampin' Pad
Call me Clover Stampin' Pad
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad

Embellishments used:
Silver Mini Sequin Trim

Colouring Tool used:
Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush

Hope you like my flower.



No comments:

Post a Comment