Sunday 27 November 2016

Heat embossing

I've been playing with some heat embossing today as I was asked to make an engagement card.


The first card I used the bronze embossing powder using versamark ink and the second card was with black embossing powder. Both the writing and the word Congratulations has been heat embossed.

Tip for today.....

When heat embossing, it is better to remove all static cling or anything else that may cause the embossing powder to stick on the card where you don’t want it to.
To prevent this before you stamp with your embossing ink, rub the powder bag over the entire surface of the paper. Then stamp your image with versamark or whatever embossing ink you are using then pour the embossing powder over the image. The powder should only stick to the stamped areas, and fall off the rest of your card stock with ease.
If you don’t have a powder tool, apparently a simple dryer sheet will work!
Note: I use Embossing Buddy from Stampin Up! Which you can purchase through my online shop.

Let me know how you go with your heat embossing, or if you have a question just ask me and I will endeavor to answer them :)

'Til we craft again!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment